Welcome to Gamer Headlines
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Competition] Win $100 towards any game or gaming gear of your choice

* * * * * 5 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Kyle

Kyle

Lead Developer

• Administrator
  • 120 posts

Welcome friends.

To kickstart our brand new discussion board, we have decided to hold a competition.

The competition will run for one month and the top three entrants will win $100.00 USD each towards any game or gaming gear of their choice.

There are no restrictions to what you can spend your prize money on, providing that the prize can be bought online and can be shipped to your country.

Shipping costs will be paid for by Gamer Headlines.

How to enter

1. Register an account on our forums

2. Activate your account via the e-mail sent to you (check your spam/junk folder)

3. Become an active member of our community

4. Reply to this topic with the title of the game you're anticipating most this year and the reason why

5. Reach a post count of 100 by the end of the competition

Rules

1. You must follow all steps under the How to enter section to become a successful entrant to this competition

2. All of your posts must be regarded as quality by our moderation team, any users deemed spamming to enter the competition will have their account immediately banned and their rights to enter the competition revoked indefinitely

3. Post your entry on this topic before the competition deadline

4. Reach 100 posts before the competition deadline

The Deadline

The competition will end on Saturday 8th March 2014 and this topic will be locked to avoid new entries, our staff team will look through the entries on this post and choose three winners and then we will validate that the winners chosen have entered correctly and followed all rules for the competition.

The Winners

The winners for this competition will be announced on Monday 24th March 2014 on the forums, a new topic will be created under announcements with the names of the winners. The winners will also receive an e-mail notifying them that they have won the competition.

Since this is a new forum, we are also on the hunt for some Moderators to manage the forums. This competition will be a good chance to get a look at what our members can offer back to the community.

kittysnapper

kittysnapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

first reply ever?

The biggest game i'm waiting for is Final Fantasy 15 because it's friggin awesome

Civillain

Civillain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationVancouver, British Columbia

My most anticipated game this year would be Titanfall. I picked this because a year and a half ago, I moved leaving all of my friends behind, most of which were gamers. So far, I have not been able to meet any gamer's so I need to play online if I want to play with people I know. Sadly, none of my friends have an Xbox One, but will be getting one for Titanfall. I am super excited to have those epic moments with them again that we used to have.

w3God

w3God

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Watch Dogs. The reason I picked Watch Dogs is because it seems like a fresh take on GTA in some areas but doesn't try and copy off that whole idea. Different story line than the gangster this or that. Oh and the big thing which some people might say what!?!?! They delayed the game. Yes thank you for delaying it and honestly putting in the blood sweat and tears. Too many game makers I feel try to rush a game out as quick as they can. I remember the days before patches and updateds when a game took 3 years minimum to make sometimes 4-5 and you knew without and iota of doubt you were getting a quality game. Don't get me wrong COD is fun but it has really worn off on me. 2 companies making just about the same game, Each one taking 2 years to make it and releasing them on opposites years. So a new COD every year. I have no drive to play the same thing over again. So good for them taking a delay and putting in just the extra bit of effort. Goes a long way now-a-days.

EbuGamer

EbuGamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Mercury Steam/ Konami

If you haven’t played the first Lords of Shadow and intend to, you should get on that ASAP. The sequel picks up immediately after the twist at the end of the original. Stop reading at this point if you are among that rare group – you’ve been warned. In the sequel, you are Dracula and you fight Satan. What more do you need to know?

Charles

Charles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Most anticipated game of the year for me, would be Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. I've played this franchise since I was 8 or 9 and was pretty disappointed with the early stages of the release of Diablo III, comparing it directly to Diablo II which is a hard act to follow IMO. Patches improved the game for the most part but the game became stagnant pretty quickly for me at least. Hopefully, like Diablo II, this new expansion pack will rekindle some of the nostalgic feels of awesomeness that came with the release of the D2 Expansion pack. 

Peace

Abdullah AlQahtani

Abdullah AlQahtani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I think dying light will be the game of the year, because it has an amazing graphics , more challenging than dead island,because zombies will be more terrifying and there are types of zombies that doesn't appear at day only at night.You can play in daylight and at night , also you can craft weapons .This game depends on choices you make , so its like a real survival game, and your choice will somehow affect the story.That's my opinion , I hope that this gane will be game of the year.

H43Z3R

H43Z3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I'M ANTICIPATING
I'M WAITING
FOR DESTINY
THE ONE GAME
TO TAME
THE GAMING ANIMAL IN ME
ARGUABLY
THE BEST GAME OF THE YEAR
ITS LIKE XTC,SO
LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR
WHY THIS GAME IS FOR ME
READY?
COZ TO PLAY IT
IS MY DESTINY.

Now read that in Eminem's voice.
Where's my money xD

Mayo

Mayo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Titanfall because I played it at EB Expo and had a blast. I've heard on the grape vine that there may be some eSports support ;)

Let's hope it has longevity! 

Dabiont

Dabiont

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

My Most Anticipated Game so far is Dragon Age: Inquisition, so far it looks like an incredibly good experience. The world looks amazing and in-depth. A great of customization with weapons and armor, I hope character will be just as amazing. So far I like the idea of the story and what it holds, mages vs templars ftw, along with the rest of the world thrown in. the return of many great characters, espically that sexy dwarf.

AnDu

AnDu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Titanfall cuz BIG guns BIG robots and BIG EXPLOSIONS

Jusfly

Jusfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Titanfall whats not to like about it.

llllllllllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllllllllll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationInterwebs

Interesting competition. The deadline is not that far, so it looks like we all need to do some posting spree to be eligible for this competition.  :lol:

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter is the game I am looking forward to. The combat of the game employs a version of the classic turn-based strategy battle system. For those who are into the classic JRPG games, this game is highly recommended. Of course, if you haven't done yet, you should play the first game The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky before the second game is released this year.

I am also looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3, but it is such a shame though as it will only be released for PS4 and Xbox platform, and I don't intend to buy any of those consoles anytime soon.

jordanmc97

jordanmc97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Looks like an interesting competition, good luck to everyone taking part, may the luckiest Man/Woman win!

My most anticipated game would also have to be Titanfall, it looks like an amazing games, the graphics are beautiful, and have no doubt the game play will be as well.

Gauta

Gauta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Good luck to everyone!

The game that I'm anticipating the most is probably Watch Dogs.

It looks really fun, and kinda unique with it's "hacking" style.

I hope it turns out great and doesn't disappoint!

Whoknowsme

Whoknowsme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Good luck to any and all participants! Anything to see GH grow :)

Moji

Moji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hopefully I reach the requirements before the competition ends, I would really like to win.

Thank you very much for doing this.

jangemon

jangemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

wow this competition is nice i like it :D

iamfrooplapa

iamfrooplapa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Super excited for Infamous Second Soon coming out next month! It was basically the main reason I didn't wait to buy a PS4... I have played number one and two like five times over, easily one of my top five game series behind the last of us and uncharted

Skyde

Skyde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationAustralia

The game I am most looking forward too? thats a difficult choice between Destiny and Dragon Age 3, but from Oni to Reach, Bungie has never done me wrong, so I will put my faith once again in Bungie, and Believe™ that Destiny is my choice of my most anticipated most this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users