Welcome to Gamer Headlines
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any Walking Dead fans?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Civillain

Civillain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationVancouver, British Columbia

I've been in love with the show and the comics for a really long time, and I wanna see if anyone else feels the same way! What's your favorite episode or issue if you've read the comics?

David

David

Awesome

• Administrator
  • 37 posts
  • Steam Name:TBA
  • LocationDown Under

I kinda got over it, made me really annoyed with how much it all dragged on but i did enjoy season 1 and 2.

:)

Dusty

Dusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

I kinda got over it, made me really annoyed with how much it all dragged on but i did enjoy season 1 and 2.

Same here, I stopped watching after season three. There just wasn't enough of a payoff to anything IMO. The comics and the first season of the TellTale game are awesome though, I just wish the show would improve. 

w3God

w3God

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Yes sir right here. Season 2A I have to admit did suck and tested whether or not I would keep watching. I feel after that slow moving season everything seems to be going pretty good. Just glad they got out of the prison. Get back on foot looting and what not. Too much Day Z in me lol.

w3God

w3God

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

I almost think they need to kill off some more people and get back down to like 5-7 key people, and then maybe grow it back out a bit. I don't want LOST where there are 15 people each with their own story etc.

TPhoenix

TPhoenix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I'm a fan of The Walking Dead too. I have only ever watched the show since it premiered and never read the comics yet, but it's all for the better because it would only spoil what comes next in the show. However, I have to agree with some of the opinions that have been expressed here. The show plods too slow and hardly anything happens in a single episode, though I do sometimes like how they emphasize the drama when something does happen. I couldn't be more happy with the product now that the characters have left the prison camp and went back on the scavenger hunt. It's so much more intriguing when they are out there rather than isolated in one location. Hopefully Season 4B that we are in proves to be predominantly better than a lot of what we've seen out of the last couple seasons.

Dusty

Dusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

I'm a fan of The Walking Dead too. I have only ever watched the show since it premiered and never read the comics yet, but it's all for the better because it would only spoil what comes next in the show. However, I have to agree with some of the opinions that have been expressed here. The show plods too slow and hardly anything happens in a single episode, though I do sometimes like how they emphasize the drama when something does happen. I couldn't be more happy with the product now that the characters have left the prison camp and went back on the scavenger hunt. It's so much more intriguing when they are out there rather than isolated in one location. Hopefully Season 4B that we are in proves to be predominantly better than a lot of what we've seen out of the last couple seasons.

I would read the comics anyway. The comic and the show differ so much that you really have no idea which ideas and concepts are going to be included in the show and which ones they are going to leave out. Case in point with the prison. While they do indeed arrive at a prison in the comics, it's much more brutal and different than how it is in the TV show. Do yourself a favor and read the comic series - it's a million times better than the show is ever going to be.

TPhoenix

TPhoenix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I would read the comics anyway. The comic and the show differ so much that you really have no idea which ideas and concepts are going to be included in the show and which ones they are going to leave out. Case in point with the prison. While they do indeed arrive at a prison in the comics, it's much more brutal and different than how it is in the TV show. Do yourself a favor and read the comic series - it's a million times better than the show is ever going to be.

I keep hearing that the comics are better than the show itself, which is understandable because it's difficult to capture everything so precisely from something written and project it onto a screen. But I will give the comics a read soon now that you said they differ and because you placed a strong recommendation that I should..

cookiemonsterV16

cookiemonsterV16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I remember when Walking Dead first came out I didn't think much of it and didn't bother watching it, but my Husband kept talking about how great the show is so I got curious enough to watch it and I've been hooked ever since. There have been some episodes that have been slow and tend to make you lose interest, but I still love the show and the amazing actors in that show make it worth watching.

averus

averus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

I'm watching the show regularly.

I loved the first two seasons, but season 3 was really boring. The fourth season is okay so far.

My favorite episode is the one in the beginning when Rick reaches Atlanta.

Honorable mention: The last episode of Season 2 :)

gadgetised

gadgetised

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I followed the show for the first two seasons but then I kind of lost interest. Picking it back up again now though. It is a good show, I just got a bit bored of the same old stuff.

Chris_A

Chris_A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I followed the show for the first two seasons but then I kind of lost interest. Picking it back up again now though. It is a good show, I just got a bit bored of the same old stuff.

That is exactly how I feel. I think the show has lots of potential, but Season 3 was just really boring for me. I wil pick it up again though, and look forward to the new Seasons.

Dusty

Dusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

I keep hearing that the comics are better than the show itself, which is understandable because it's difficult to capture everything so precisely from something written and project it onto a screen. But I will give the comics a read soon now that you said they differ and because you placed a strong recommendation that I should..

Keep checking Amazon to find some good deals on the volumes. With over 100 issues released, there's a lot of good content to read.

autograph

autograph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I have been meaning to watch this show since a few months ago now. The only thing that deterred me from doing so is that I heard comments on how it kinda became boring in season 2. I do not like getting my hope high just to be crushed by boring episodes. If the comics are better than the show itself, I might give the books a go.

Dusty

Dusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

I have been meaning to watch this show since a few months ago now. The only thing that deterred me from doing so is that I heard comments on how it kinda became boring in season 2. I do not like getting my hope high just to be crushed by boring episodes. If the comics are better than the show itself, I might give the books a go.

I would suggest playing TellTale Games' first season of The Walking Dead too. 

xo2sara1ox

xo2sara1ox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I love the show, I wasn't aware that there were comics, I will definitely check them out now! Thanks!

w3God

w3God

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

It did, for about 6 episodes it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow lol, but after that to where the show is right now it has really picked up. If you can make it past the first 6 of season 2 on the farm the rest of 2 and the show is great I feel.

firelily99

firelily99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

II'm not that into zombies to begin with - most of the zombie stuff on the tube really seems like its just another replay of the same thing.  Maybe if they came up with something unique I might watch but I am not holding my breath for that to happen.

Ulcerism

Ulcerism

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I've never read the comics, but I've been watching the show avidly since it started. I wasn't too keen on the season where they're at Herschel's farm, but everything since has been amazing. I love The Governor, and I'm pretty tempted to go grab an autograph off him since he's doing a charity event at Forbidden Planet in Liverpool soon! 
I'm quite liking the direction they're taking with the new episodes. I'm hoping it's just not a rinse-repeat cycle where they're in danger, settle for a while then get attacked again. 

Civillain

Civillain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationVancouver, British Columbia

I've never read the comics, but I've been watching the show avidly since it started. I wasn't too keen on the season where they're at Herschel's farm, but everything since has been amazing. I love The Governor, and I'm pretty tempted to go grab an autograph off him since he's doing a charity event at Forbidden Planet in Liverpool soon! 
I'm quite liking the direction they're taking with the new episodes. I'm hoping it's just not a rinse-repeat cycle where they're in danger, settle for a while then get attacked again. 

Gah that's so cool! I met Merle last year at an Expo, such a cool guy! I really wanna meet Rick because he's my boi, and the Governor, maybe both at the same time! THAT would be an epic photo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users