Welcome to Gamer Headlines
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More sub forums?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Gauta

Gauta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

I feel like we could use more sub forums.

The one that come to my mind are: 1. Genre based sub forums for games (MMORPG, FPS, etc...)

2. Graphics sub forum, where people could request avatars, signatures and things like that.

3. Maybe a market forum where people could swap steam games and codes.

Civillain

Civillain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationVancouver, British Columbia

Love these ideas! I'd like to see one that deals with just life in general, so we can talk about our lives or something along those lines.

Gauta

Gauta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Love these ideas! I'd like to see one that deals with just life in general, so we can talk about our lives or something along those lines.

Sounds great!

I remeber on one forum there were 2 sub forums called: Life is a *tch, and Life is great, where people could post about bad and good things that happened to them recently. :P

Esperahol

Esperahol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I do think that there should be some more subforums - even if it's only something like Xbox, Playstation, and Nintendo. It would help eliminate double-posting and better direct attention which is never a bad thing. Also maybe a forum just for angry rants so as not to derail discussions?

Moji

Moji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Maybe a Popular games section on the forum would be cool, with several games as sub forums such as

Call of Duty

Minecraft

Halo

Runescape

World of Warcraft

And just popular games in general

MidgardDragon

MidgardDragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I was an admin and owner at a forum for several years and I can tell you it is a fine balance.  You want enough to keep people interested, but not so many that they can't find where stuff should go.

GrandestGreat

GrandestGreat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I would at least want one more forum to discuss games of different genres. I would love to discuss and learn more about RTS games. There are so many to choose from that creating a topic wouldn't do justice. For example: Age of Empires, Lord of the Rings, Total War, Red Alert, etc.

EmilyRose93

EmilyRose93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I'm an extremely new member but straight off the bit I would split Console games into X-Box, PS and "Other". Too many Xbox/PS3 exclusives, and also people typically only have one or the other and feel very strongly about which one is better! I am not surprised that the current most recently replied post is "PS 4 or Xbox One"! I also like the idea of a Market/Trade forum too. It isnt hard to end up with double copies of games on Steam so it'd be nice to have a place to share them.

Skyde

Skyde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I agree that there is a lack of sub-forums, particularly a support subforum.

Dusty

Dusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

I'm an extremely new member but straight off the bit I would split Console games into X-Box, PS and "Other". Too many Xbox/PS3 exclusives, and also people typically only have one or the other and feel very strongly about which one is better! I am not surprised that the current most recently replied post is "PS 4 or Xbox One"! I also like the idea of a Market/Trade forum too. It isnt hard to end up with double copies of games on Steam so it'd be nice to have a place to share them.

Definitely, I know there are a lot of us that would enjoy trading some classic games back and forth. We also need a handheld subforum, a lot of us would enjoy talking about 3DS from time to time.

Divide_C0nquer

Divide_C0nquer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationThe Shivering Isles

I think that's a good idea. I feel like it would boost the amount of people on the forums as well with more and more to talk about.

Big BOSS

Big BOSS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationIndia

Awesome idea! We really need this, Kyle! Steam market is also good and the one about the avatars, I love it! Can't wait for them to put this to the forums!

Divayansh Bargotra

Gauta

Gauta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Any updates on this suggestions, admins? 

I still feel like it's an decent idea and would open so much more for discussion. :)

Tigress

Tigress

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I've only just joined but I also think more sub-forums would be great. Perhaps we could vote on a list of possible sub-forums so we have an idea of what would be most in demand?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users