Welcome to Gamer Headlines
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are your favorite PS games?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

autograph

autograph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Mine would include the Final Fantasy series, Suikoden, and Legend of Legaia. These are the games that I spent most of my free time during high school. Looking back, these games really did take a huge chunk of my free time. No regrets though, I would do it all over again.

What about you?

Dusty

Dusty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Mine would include the Final Fantasy series, Suikoden, and Legend of Legaia. These are the games that I spent most of my free time during high school. Looking back, these games really did take a huge chunk of my free time. No regrets though, I would do it all over again.

What about you?

That's a heck of a list. I'm a big fan of Chrono Cross on PlayStation as well as the Persona series.

Civillain

Civillain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationVancouver, British Columbia
I haven't been a playstationer for a long time, but the Jak and Daxter games are in my top 5 favorite!

llllllllllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllllllllll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationInterwebs

Final Fantasy Tactics. It was my first tactical turn-based RPG, and one of the best RPG I have ever played.  :)

GrandestGreat

GrandestGreat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I was not a fan of the Final Fantasy series, probably because I got my PSOne when Sony had just released the PS2. The poor graphics compared to the PS2 led me to focus only on gameplay. With that in mind, my favourite was Fighting Force, a great game where you could team up with the second player and had to defeat your enemies together. In a pre-GTA world, it seems extremely "free world", you are not confined to moving in one particular direction. My favourite part though? Breaking vending machines to get soda for health! :D

pahagwl

pahagwl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

When talking about PlayStation games, I have two absolute favorites, which include God of War and The Last of Us. God of War has been an ongoing franchise which has been exclusive to the PS platform. This franchise is very popular and almost everyone who owns a PS has it. The Last of Us is also a Playstation exclusive. It was a revolutionary game in its genre where the game progressed like a plot in a movie with the player deciding the outcomes the various crucial parts of the story. Both these games have a cult status in the PS community and have enjoyed immense success. 

Manny

Manny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCanada

Crash Bandicoot and Spyro The Dragon were pretty much my best friends growing up. I'll never get tired of those games. Crash Team Racing is one of my all-time favourite racing games, and I feel it's a little bit underappreciated. Tony Hawk Proskater 2 is another classic.

pandandesign

pandandesign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I would say Capcom VS SNK and Final Fantasy Tactics are my all-time favorite Playstation games. I enjoy playing fighting games quite often, as well as RPG Tactical games. I have played all the King of Fighters games, which the latest King of Fighters VIII is also one of my favorite Player games. I can play it all the time without a second person, and I can play it over and over again.

Sabiya

Sabiya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

My favorite Playstation games are those with a good story or a great gameplay mechanic, not too hard, and not too easy.  Also, replayability is a must for me.  Eternal Sonata for the Playstation 3 is an example, I've played this game multiple times, same with Final Fantasy 7.  Eternal Sonata though, will always be my favorite.

Superman

Superman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
My favorite PS games would have to be the Metal Gear Series. I remembered my dad playing Metal Gear Solid (first one on PS1) and he finished it. I fell in love with the game and so did he. I finished the 2nd, 3rd and the 4th, years later. It's fun because the game is great and very nostalgic. If you played the 4th one, you'd know what I mean.

andy103

andy103

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I really love Quantic Dream games, like Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. I just really like when a decision you make in the game can really affect what happens in the story and change certain events. I also love The Last of Us, the Final Fantasy series, and Kingdom Hearts. Their stories and characters are just so likable and easy to get into.

MidgardDragon

MidgardDragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If we're talking exclusives, Journey, The Last Of Us, Uncharted 1, 2, and 3, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy XFlower, Persona 4 (Golden).  As far as I'm concerned Sony has the best exclusives thanks to Naughty Dog (and previously due to thatgamecompany).

EmilyRose93

EmilyRose93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Heavy Rain! It's a PS3 exclusive and I am amazed at how many people havent heard of it. It's a film-noir thriller action-adventure game, essentially about a man trying to track down his son who has been kidnapped by a serial killer, but you switch between other characters like an FBI agent and a private detective. The ending (including the fate of the son) is dependent on the game, and there's no second chances - eg if you fail a challenge, then you don't get to do it over, your character just fails. If you like games with a story, it is definitely, definitely worth trying, and since it's from 2010 you should be able to find a reasonably priced second hand copy pretty easily.

drwigglefarm

drwigglefarm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

PlayStation is the best! They have so many great titles. My favorites include God of War, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Call of Duty, My top favorite would be Kingdom Hearts 2 though. That game never gets old!

jptrey06

jptrey06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Too many to list but if I have to chose my top 5 it will be:
1. Persona 4 (Golden)
2. Final Fantasy Series (played all PS Final Fantasy)
3. Beyond Two Souls
4. The Last of Us
5. Valkyria Chronicles Series (played all 3 of them)

Runner ups would be Ni no kuni, Saints Row 4, Tales of Series, and ICO

Garenka

Garenka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationFlorida

I have quite a few favorites when it comes down to Playstaion (PS1) games, with the first game being "Ape Escape". I loved Ape escape not only for the creativity, and the mini games involved, but largely because of the music selection. My second game would definitely be Chrono Cross as it was one of the first RPG's that I had ever played seriously (Had never got my hands on a "Final Fantasy" game at that time) and (you guessed it) the music selection! The Chrono Cross music was brilliant in my opinion, but I know now that it doesn't really hold a candle to the Final Fantasy games. My last favorite would be Spyro (the first Spyro and its sequel) games. I was free to roam around while collecting crystalized dragons, while sprinkling bits of humor in the cutscenes. I bet you thought I was going to say for the music ....and your right, the music blew me away in Spyro but only because I got to see how the music was being made (By Stewart Copeland who made the music for the game) in a "Playstation Underground" demo disc. Since I only say PS in the title I assumed you only wanted First gen Playstation titles, but had this been a multiple Playstation list, it would be filled with nothing but Playstation 2 games (with the previously mentioned PS games included).

Meg....Who let you in the house? - Peter Griffin

H43Z3R

H43Z3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Wow there are so many! Well, I would say I really enjoyed resident evil 4 alot as I'm a resi fan. The prince of persia trilogy was epic. I also played and finished half life one for the first time ever on the ps2!! But hands down it would have to be The Last of Us on ps3. Everything about that game is awsome. Its a master piece.

H43Z3R

H43Z3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I haven't been a playstationer for a long time, but the Jak and Daxter games are in my top 5 favorite!

Aaaah reminds me of ratchet and clank!! Hehe oh wow... nostalgia.

Scottf13

Scottf13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I have too many favorites to list them all. However, you said PS, so I will just use that to mean PS 1. My favorite PS 1 games are Castlevania Symphony of the Night, The parasite eve games, FFVII, FF Tactics, and Legend  of Dragoon (Yes. someone liked this bug ridden game. They need to make a remake with nextgen graphics and a more fleshed out storyline... and no bugs!)

opinionguy

opinionguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

I have recently been playing these games and they are indeed addicting. Danganronpa a story of murder mysteries that got me playing my Vita even during exams and in the end got me somewhat frustrated because the end was a cliffhanger. I'm currently playing Tekken 6 which is fun to play during breaks or when I feel like it and also Assassin's creed, which is also good. I'm going to try persona and can you guys suggest games like Danganronpa for those who have played?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users