Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Improvements After Beta
Over a million matches help pave the future.
During the week of June 15 to June 23, hundreds of thousands of players participated in the Open Beta for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. The Coalition has detailed what information they have gathered from the Beta and their plans for the future in a recent posting on their website.
Thanks to the feedback from players, the development team at The Coalition will implement the following fixes and improvements in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. The following is just a summary and not an exhaustive list:
- Multiple fixes and tuning for the Gnasher Shotgun
- Multiple fixes for Frag Grenades, Boomshot, and Torque Bow
- Tuning for footstep audio and other sounds around a player
- King of the Hill improvements, including ability for The Coalition to adjust more settings for competitive play
- Removed active down from Active Reloaded Longshot sniper rifle and added/tuned active bonus for sniper bloom/aim
- Bug fixes and tuning for skill-bases matchmaking
- Tuned red/blue colors for team shaders (Locust/COG)
- Improved look of blood and gore in gameplay
- Improved game performance to reduce screen tearing
- Bug fixes and tuning for Controller Sensitivity Settings
- Various bug fixes on maps, weapons, matchmaking, audio, and controls
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition launches on August 25. The game will include all 19 maps, all original game modes plus Team Deathmatch and King of the Hill, split-screen support, party support, LAN support, private matches on dedicated servers, two spectator slots in private and LAN matches, and 17 additional playable multiplayer character unlocked with level progression in Versus.