Reminder – Club Nintendo Closes This Month
It’s now or never. Last chance to spend those coins.
If you haven’t yet spent your coins, you have until the end of June to do so. It was announced back in January that Club Nintendo is closing its doors for good. Unfortunately, this means that your hard earned coins will be put to waste if they are not redeemed on the large list of games available. Previously, physical items were available as rewards but have all been redeemed, except for a set of Nintendogs Greeting Cards for 150 coins.
You can redeem your coins for games ranging from old NES classics to newer titles for the Wii U.
A few titles included are:
- Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (Wii U Virtual Console, 200 coins)
- Golden Sun (Wii U Virtual Console, 200 coins)
- Ice Climber (Wii U Virtual Console, 200 coins)
- Dr. Mario (Wii U Virtual Console, 200 coins)
- Kid Icarus (Wii U Virtual Console, 200 coins)
- Super Metroid (Wii U Virtual Console, 200 coins)
- Earthbound (Wii U Virtual Console, 250 coins)
- Super Mario World (Wii U Virtual Console, 200 coins)
- The Wonderful 101 (Wii U, 600 coins)
- Super Mario Land (3DS Virtual Console, 150 coins)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (3DS Virtual Console, 200 coins)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS, 600 coins)
- Super Mario 3D Land (3DS, 600 coins)
- Star Fox 64 3D (3DS, 700 coins)
For a full list of titles available to download, visit the Club Nintendo rewards page.
There is a huge list to check out and if you have at least 150 coins remaining, you can snag yourself a free game. If you have less than 150 coins, well you might just be out of luck. According to Nintendo, all coins will be deleted when Club Nintendo accounts are closed on July 1, 2015.
No news about the new loyalty program to replace Club Nintendo has surfaced yet. According to Nintendo, the information in your Club Nintendo account will not be transferred to the new loyalty program.
Goodbye Club Nintendo, we sure will miss you.